Chapter 1: Network Cards1. What is a network card?
2. List the different types of network card.
3. What connectors are used in the Ethernet and wirelessnetwork cards?
4. What are the different types of connectors?
5. What is the use of FU-11 connector?
6. What is the use of RJ-45 connector?
7. What is the use of USB connector?
8. What type of connector is used to connect a modem to wall jack?
9. How many devices can be connected to one USB port?
10. What is the length of USB cable?
Chapter 2: Topologies and Protocol Suites1. What types of topologies are commonly used for Local Area Network (LAN) and Wide Area Network (WAN)?
2. Explain tree topology.
3. What devices are commonly used in LAN networks?
4. What is repeater?
5. What is hub?
6. Multiple devices cannot communicate on the network simultaneously; therefore, what type of method must be used to allow one device to access network media at a time?
7. What is CSMA/CD?
8. What is token passing?
9. List the reasons of transmission failure.
10. How many stations can be connected to 10Base2, lOBaseT, and 10Base5?
11. What is the maximum network length of 10Base2 and 10Base5?
12. What is Fiber Distributed Data Interface (FDDI)?
13. What is network binding?
14. What is NetBIOS Extended User Interface (NetBEUI) and is it routable?
15. Where is IPX/SPX used?
16. What is NetBIOS?
Chapter 3: Managing Client and Server Computers1. What is device driver?
2. What do you mean by client and server?
3. What are the different service packs available for Windows 2003 and Windows 2008?
4. What are the new networking features in Windows 2008 R2?
5. What is the role of DirectAccess?
6. What is the role of VPN Reconnect?
7. What is the role of BranchCache?
8. What is the role of URL-based QoS?
9. What is the role of mobile broadband device support?
10. What is the role of multiple active firewall profiles?
11. What is the role of NDF, Network Tracing, and Netsh Trace?
12. What is Netsh?
13. What is the role of live migration in Windows 2008 R2?
14. What is the function of Hyper-V Processor Compatibility Mode for live migration?
15. What is File Classification Infrastructure (FCI)?
16. Explain the difference between Windows Server 2008 R2 license and Windows Server 2008 CAL.
17. Is Windows Server 2008 a prerequisite for Windows Server 2008 R2?
18. What is the difference between a Device CAL and a User CAL?
19. What is Volume Licensing?
20. What is Software Assurance (SA)?
Chapter 4: Sharing Drives and Printers1. Name the groups you must be a member of to share a folder.
2. How do you share a folder causing it to remain hidden from users browsing the network?
3. What are the different ways in which a user can connect to a shared folder?
4. Where does the Administrators group share the folder?
5. Where does the Server Operator group share the folder?
6. Where does the Power Users group share the folder?
7. List the steps to share the host drive with virtual machines.
8. What is Virtual Hard Disk (VHD)?
9. What is the function of Access-based Enumeration?
10. What is a print server?
11. Name the groups you should be member of to manager remote print server.
12. What are the steps to deploy the printers to users or computers by using Group Policy?
13. What is Location-Aware Printing?
14. What is the role of Print and Document Services in Windows 2008 R2?
Chapter 5: Monitoring Server Health and Security1. Which tool is used to monitor the performance in Windows Server 2008 R2?
2. List the new features of the Performance and Reliability Monitor tool.
3. What is the role of Reliability Monitor?
4. What is unified property configuration?
5. What is the benefit of using the Performance and Reliability Monitor tool?
6. Which feature of Performance and Reliability Monitor adds counters to log files and gives the ability to set the start, stop, and duration of those counters?
7. What is Authorization Manager?
8. What is role-based management model?
9. What are user authorization roles?
10. What are computer configuration roles?
11. What is Windows BitLocker Drive Encryption?
12. Which command is used to install the BitLocker in Windows 2008?
13. What is Encrypting File System (EFS)?
14. Give the full forms of KRA and DRA.
15. What is the use of Robocopy utility?
16. What new functionalities are added to EFS?
17. How and when smart card Single Sign-On (SSO) is triggered?
18. If the smart card used for the logon is removed from the smart card reader before any encryption operations are performed, will the user be prompted for a smart card and PIN at the first EFS operation?
19. What is the function of AppLocker?
20. What is the new feature of the smart cards used in Windows 2008 R2?
21. What is the use of User Account Control (UAC)?
Chapter 6: TCP/IP Administration1. Name the drivers used for IPv4 and IPv6 protocol stacks.
2. Explain the architecture of Next Generation TCP/IP stack.
3. What is Teredo?
4. What is the structure of Teredo IPv6 addressing?
5. What is IPv6 address?
6. What is loopback address for IPv4 and IPv6?
7. Do you need subnet mask in IPv6?
8. How do you represent the sequential zeros in IPv6?
9. Is Domain Name System (DNS) used in IPv6?
10. Which domain is used for reverse hostname resolution in IPv6?
11. How do you make IPv6 compatible with IPv4 networks?
12. What is role special domain for IPv6 address translation in Microsoft?
13. What are the different types of IPv6 addresses?
14. Which command is used to check the IPv6 address?
15. Which commands are used to ping for IPv6 address?
Chapter 7: Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol and Managing IIS1. What is Dynamic host Configuration Protocol (DHCP)?
2. How does Microsoft Windows 2008 support DHCP?
3. Does the Windows Server 2008 DHCP Server service support BOOTP?
4. What is DHCP for IPv6?
5. How does DHCP work?
6. What protocols and ports are used by DHCP traffic?
7. List the different kinds of DHCP messages.
8. How does the DHCP server determine the originating subnet of the DHCP client?
9. How is the DHCP Server service integrated with Active Directory?
10. How does the authorization process work for DHCP server computers?
11. How does remote access client uses DHCP to obtain an IP address configuration?
12. What is the use of Stateless Address Autoconfiguration?
13. What is the use of Stateful Address Autoconfiguration?
14. List the different types of DHCPv6 messages.
15. What are the tools used for troubleshooting DHCP servers?
16. What are the new features of Internet Information Services 7.0 (IIS 7.0)?
17. What are the enhanced Web security features with IIS 7.0?
18. Explain the IIS 7.0's new architecture.
19. Why Web administration has become easier?
20. List the different types of authentications in IIS.
21. What is the use of Windows PowerShell Provider for IIS 7.0?
22. What is the use of Appcmd.exe tool?
23. What is Windows Management Instrumentation (WMI) provider?
24. What are the two main layers of IIS architecture?
25. What is IIS Server Web farm?
26. What is the role of HTTP.sys?
27. What are the benefits of HTTP.sys?
28. At what level the procedure for configuring logging can be performed?
Chapter 8: Remote Client Access1. What is DirectAccess?
2. What is the function of Unified Access Gateway (UAG)?
3. What is the benefit of UAG?
4. What is Remote Desktop?
5. List the steps to enable Remote Desktop Administration.
Chapter 9: LAN's Bridges and Switches and TCP/IP and IP Routing1. What is the difference between a bridge and a switch?
2. Why is switching implementation preferred over bridging?
3. What is a switch?
4. Which technology is used by switches to build and maintain their filter table?
5. Give some examples of packet switching technology.
6. Which table is used by switches to determine the segment on which a datagram needs to be transmitted?
7. Why Layer 2 switches cannot replace the routers?
8. What is switching?
9. What is the difference between Layer 2 and Layer 3 switching?
10. What are the functions of Layer 2 switching?
11. What is Spanning Tree Protocol (STP)?
12. How does spanning tree works?
13. What is a root bridge?
14. How is root bridge selected?
15. List the different states of spanning tree port.
16. Name the LAN switch types.
17. What is cut-through (real time) mode?
18. What is store and forward mode?
19. How is interface represented?
20. What is collision domain?
21. What is the role of Cyclic Redundancy Check (CRC)?
22. What do you understand by CSMA/CD?
23. What is the difference between broadcast domain and collision domain?
24. What is broadcast storm?
25. What is Virtual Local Area Network (VLAN)?
26. What is frame filtering?
27. What is frame tagging?
28. What are the different types of VLAN implementation methods?
29. What is VLAN Trunking Protocol (VTP)?
30. What is Dynamic Trunking Protocol (DTP)?
31. Can you configure existing hubs in a company as part of the VLAN architecture?
32. Give the full forms of TCP, UDP, IP, and ICMP.
33. Is ICMP a Layer 2 or Layer 3 protocol?
34. Which layer of the OSI model does IP, TCP, and UDP work on?
35. What is the full form of FTP and TFTP? At which layer do they work on?
36. How many TCP segments are exchanged to establish and terminate TCP connection?
37. What is the purpose of trace command?
38. Name the parts of IP address.
39. What is subnet mask?
40. What are the classes of IPv4 address?
Chapter 10: Routing and Routing Protocol1. What is routing?
2. What is the role of ARP?
3. What is the difference between static and dynamic routing?
4. When do you get the request timed out error?
5. When do you get the destination unreachable error?
6. What is Administrative Distance?
7. How does router share information in Distance Vector routing?
8. What is a hop count? What is the maximum hop count for RIP?
9. Explain split horizon.
10. Explain route poisoning.
11. Explain holddown timer.
12. What are the timers of RIP, Interior Gateway Routing Protocol (IGRP), Enhanced Interior Gateway Routing Protocol (EIGRP), and OSPF routing protocols?
13. What are the default Administrative Distances of RIP, IGRP, EIGRP, and OSPF routing protocols?
14. What is black hole?
15. What is the difference between RIPvl and RIPv2?
16. What packet formats are used in EIGRP?
17. What does RIPv2 uses to prevent routing loops?
18. When you use the debug ip rip command and get a metricl6, what does it mean?
19. What are the parameters used by IGRP for finding the best path?
20. Which route will the router choose by default when the table has static, RIP, and IGRP route?
21. Which EIGRP information is stored in RAM by using the hello and update packets?
22. What is the difference between EIGRP and IGRP?
23. What is the difference between classful and classless routing protocol?
24. Give some examples of classful and classless routing protocols.
25. Which protocols supports VLSM?
26. When do you use BGP, IGRP, OSPF, and static route?
27. Explain ISDN.
28. What types of services are associated with ISDN?
29. Explain the BRI service.
30. Explain PRI service.
Chapter 11: WAN Protocol and Security1. What is the basic unit of T-carrier system?
2. What is Tl?
3. What is El?
4. What is four-wire circuit?
5. What is two-wire circuit?
6. How many B-channels and D-channels are available in BRI, PRI(Tl), and RI(E1)?
7. Which data link protocols are valid on ISDN B-channel?
8. Define the term PAP and CHAP.
9. What do ISDN, BRI, PRI stands for?
10. What is Multilink Point-to-Point Protocol (MLPP)?
11. What is the use of Data Service Unit/Channel Service Unit (DSU/CSU)?
12. What is clock source?
13. On which channel LDAP is used on ISDN?
14. What is SPID?
15. What EIA/TIA standard interface are used for serial cable with Cisco routers?